Central Tableland producers have the opportunity to hear the latest in pasture research for their area at the Grassland Society of NSW Pasture Update funded by MLA and supported by Central Tablelands Local Land Services.
- Linda Hygate (MLA) – MLA’s investment in the southern feedbase pastures
- David Harbison (DR Agriculture) -Soil nutrition and pasture health for Tablelands
- Dr Belinda Hackney (Charles Sturt Uni) – Pasture legumes for the Tablelands – what’s new?
- Dr Warwick Badgery, Research Scientist – Grazing technologies/methods to utilise or manage feed in Tablelands pasture systems
- Dr Mark Trotter (Uni of New England)- Precision Agriculture technologies for pasture systems
Pasture walk at MLA’s Pasture Variety Trial site (in the afternoon) – Ian & Amanda Stonestreet’s property, “Rainecourt” Greghamstown, via Blayney
Time: 9.15am (registration) – 3.15pm
Venue: Morning talks at Panthers Bathurst, Bathurst. Afternoon pasture walk at MLA Pasture Variety Trial site, Blayney
Admission: $20. Includes lunch and morning tea
RSVP: 27th May 2014, Janelle Witschi, 0408 612 235
A bus will run to the trial site if there is enough interest. Please bring a hat, sturdy shoes and jacket for the afternoon session.