- This event has passed.
Holbrook Pasture Update
October 17, 2018 - October 18, 2018A$20.00
Managing dual-purpose grazing cereals in NSW mixed farming systems: An interactive morning session with key industry speakers followed by a visit to the grazing cereal technology trial site in the afternoon.
Beef and sheep producers and advisors will have the opportunity to hear the latest in dual-purpose grazing cereals, pasture forage options and maximizing dollar returns at the Grassland Society of NSW Inc. Pasture Update.
Please click here to download the flyer/registration form for this event: Holbrook Pasture Update 2018
- Time: 8:30 am registration for 9.00 am start
- Venue: Holbrook Returned Servicemens Club
- Admission: $20. Includes morning tea and lunch
- RSVP: Please register by 15th October 2018 for catering purposes.
- Contact: Janelle Witschi at email@example.com, phone 0408612235
- Local contact: Peter Matthews (02 firstname.lastname@example.org), David Harbison (0408 820 email@example.com) or Frank McRae (0428 737 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please register online using the buttons below. Put number of tickets required in the box below and answer the questions (question 1 is required), then add to cart to proceed to PayPal for payment via credit card or your PayPal account.
- Dr Felicity Harris, Research Scientist (Crop Physiology), NSW DPI – Grazing cereal crop types: What fits your grazing and mixed farming system best?
- Peter Matthews, Technical Specialist, NSW DPI – Getting the crop agronomy right to maximise fodder production and grain recovery.
- David Harbison, Senior Agronomist, D R Agriculture Pty Ltd. – Crop nutrition – developing a plan to maximise fodder production and grain recovery.
- Brett Littler, Senior Livestock Officer, Central Tablelands Local Land Services – Grazing crops with stock – what are the issues?
- Stuart Tait, Nuffield Australia Scholar (supported by MLA), Producer Mandurama – Grazing crops: What can we learn from the rest of the world?
- Dr John Kirkegaard, Chief Research Scientist, Farming Systems, CSIRO – Grazing canola management – getting it right
- Frank McRae, Product Development Manager, Auswest Seeds – Fodder pasture options: How they compare and fit in the system to lift farm fodder production.
- Industry and agency speaker’s discuss cereal variety performance, acid subsoil constraints, pasture options and landholder case studies on integrating grazing crops into their farming systems. Grazing Cereal Technology – Field Site Tour