Just to help out those who are planning to attend this year’s conference at Wagga, please see the following resources below:
Wagga Wagga Local Information
Wagga’s population is estimated at 62,871 people. Wagga is accessible from Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney via the Hume and Sturt Highways.
The Murrumbidgee River flows through the heart of the city. The centre of Wagga houses a bustling shopping precinct with all of the modern conveniences.
The Riverina is one of the most productive and diverse agricultural regions in the country, giving rise to our claim as the “food bowl of Australia”. There are numerous wineries, excellent restaurants and gourmet food producers for you to visit.
Situated in the beautiful Eunony Valley just North of Wagga Wagga this trail features 3 wineries and an olive grove all within easy travelling distance of each other. Charles Sturt Uni is one of the oldest olive groves in Australia, producing award winning olive oil.
- Wagga RSL Motel, 156 Kincaid Street, Wagga Wagga. Reservations: 1300 79 70 79
Note: Conference Dinner is being held at the Wagga RSL Club, Dobbs Street, Wagga Wagga Ph: 02 69213624 or www.waggarsl.com.au (next door to Wagga RSL Motel)
Other motels in close proximity to Wagga RSL Club are:
- Lincoln Cottage (02) 6925 3833, 337 Edward Street
- Boulevarde 1800 255 388, 305 Edward Street
- Heritage (02) 6921 4099, 244-248 Edward Street
The mean monthly maximum temperature is 22.1 degrees Celsius and the mean minimum is 9.0 degrees Celsius. Mornings are frosty – the days are sunny and cool.
- Air – Rex and Qantas operate numerous flights into Wagga Airport at Forest Hill. Suggest not flying on the morning of the Conference as fog can delay flights and be redirected.
- Rail and Coach – Countrylink – 13 22 32, Greyhound – 1300 473 946 and Firefly – 1300 730 740 provide coach services from Melbourne through to Sydney.
- Road: Wagga to Sydney 4.37 hrs 455kms; Wagga to Melbourne 5.14 hrs 510kms; Wagga to Canberra 2.45 hrs 254kms
For more information on accommodation or transport, please contact Wagga Visitor Information Centre on (02) 6926 9621.